It’s August, and that means the launch of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ from Monday the 3rd. You’ve probably heard all about it, but here are the basics just in case:
- Customers will receive a 50% discount on food or non alcoholic beverages to eat or drink in at participating venues. This can be alfresco as long as still on the premises.
- There’s a maximum discount of £10 per person. Children are included and also entitled to £10 discount.
- It’s available every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this August, a total of 13 days as the bank holiday is included.
- No vouchers are required – the cost is recovered directly from the government by the business.
- There is no discount for service charge or alcohol, these are at the customers cost.
- It can be used with promotions (although not ones that include alcohol), and there is no minimum spend.
The scheme is designed to help the hospitality industry, which has been hard hit by COVID 19. As a food and travel lover (obsessive?), I want to do my bit to shout about businesses that are participating in my adopted home town of Clevedon. This isn’t an ad, none of the food in my pics below has been gifted – it’s purely for your information!
Listed first are those I’ve spoken with, who have confirmed they are participating.
Junior Poon Chinese Restaurant and Wine Bar
- 16 Hill Rd, BS21 7NZ
- Closed Monday 3rd
- Discount available all other Mon/Tues/Weds in August
- Opening times: 12pm to 2pm and 5.30pm to 9pm
- Bookings only, contact 01275 341900
- Available in both restaurant and wine bar
- Alfresco dining available subject to weather
- Great for: Lunch and dinner
- My favourites: We love everything here, we used to get the bus over when we lived in Bedminster! But if I had to pick I’d say it’s the crispy duck and pancakes. The thought makes me salivate!
Murray’s of Clevedon (Italian restaurant & deli)
- 91 Hill Road, BS21 7PN
- Closed on Tuesday 4th
- Discount available all other Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- 5pm TIL late (no lunch service)
- Bookings preferred, contact 01275 341222
- Great for: Dinner
- My favourites: I love the pizzas and puddings but check out the recommended wine selection too – they have some stunners!
Tiffin at The Beach, and Tiffin Cafe at Bullock Farm
- 11 The Beach, BS21 7QU
- Cafe/Tea houses
- Discount available every Mon/Tues/Weds
- Food served 9am to 3pm both venues
- Cakes and drinks available til 4pm at Bullock Farm, 5pm at the beach
- Outdoor seating only, no reservations at both locations
- Great for: Breakfast, lunch, coffee and a cake
- My favourites: The huge salads, as it means you can have one of their delicious brownies after guilt free! Eggs Royale is also fab.
The Limehouse (Relaxed dining and cocktails)
- Discount available on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
- Food served 5pm to 8.30pm
- Booking advised but not essential 01275 879600
- Worth nothing that their cocktail offer runs 5pm to 7pm (two for £10, scheme not applicable to these as they’re alcoholic!)
- My favourites: I’ve not eaten here for a long time and I’m not sure what’s on the new menu yet, but I do love their French Martinis!
Teatro Lounge (Cafe bar)
- Discount available Mon/Tues/Weds
- Food served 9am until 10pm
- No need to book
- Alfresco dining available upstairs and at the front
- My favourites: I’m quite partial to their panini and soup deal (which would only be £2.50 under this scheme!) but their tapas is great too, and lots of people seem to love the breakfasts!
These are establishments listed on the government website to be participating, along with details available online.
Red Rose (Indian restaurant)
- 23-25 Old Church Road, BS21 6LU
- Open daily 5pm to 11pm
- Bookings on 01275 349576
The Salthouse Bar & Restaurant
- Salthouse Road, BS21 7TY
- Open daily 10am to 11pm
- Outside dining area available (We took my daughter here when she was only three days old and had some fab fish cakes!)
- Bookings on 01275 343303
Dots Teas Traditional Tea Room
- Clevedon Craft Centre, BS21 6TD
- Closed Mon/Tues, open Wednesdays 11am to 5pm
- Outside dining available
- Contact on 07718955651
- 7 Station Road, BS21 6NH
- Open daily 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Outside dining available
- Contact on 01275 875625
- 22b Old Church Road, BS21 6LY
- Open daily 7.30am to 4pm
- Contact on 01275 873222
Old Inn Pub
- 9 Walton Road, BS21 6AE
- Lunch served: 12pm to 3pm Mon/Tues/Weds
- Dinner served: 6pm to 9pm Mon/Tues, from 5pm on Weds
- Contact on 01275 340440
Walton Park Hotel
- Wellington Terrace, BS21 7BL
- Restaurant, terrace and bar
- Contact on 01275 874253
Harvey’s Coffee Company
- 4-6 The Triangle, BS21 6NG
- Open daily 8.30am to 6pm
- Contact on 01275 217077
The Royal Oak
- 35 Copse Road, BS21 7QN
- Open daily 12pm to 11pm (kitchen hours may be different, please contact to confirm)
- Contact on 01275 563879
Butterflies Coffee Shop
- 77 Hill Road, BS21 7PL
- Open daily 9am to 4.30pm
- Contact on 01275 872967
- Warrens Village, Colehouse Lane, BS21 6TQ
- Open daily 7.30am to 10am and 5.30pm to 9.30pm
- Contact on 01275 871686
- Elton Road, BS21 7RH
- Open daily 11am to 11pm
- Contact on 01275 343739
- Crabtree Park, BS21 5HX
- Open daily 11am to 10pm
- Contact on 01275 878474
The Bristol Inn
- Chapel Hill, BS21 7NL
- Open daily 11am to 11pm
- Contact on 01275 877647
Puro, Scoozi and the Moon and Sixpence have all sadly confirmed they aren’t participating. I’m still waiting to hear back from The Cellar.
If you spot know of anywhere else that should be included and I’ve missed them off, please do let me know. I took a year off writing, as a certain young lady has been nabbing my attention, so I’m just a little rusty…
Clevedon has so much to offer and I hope this is of some help if you’re planning to visit this summer. Thanks for reading,